- J.D. (cum laude; Stone Scholar), Columbia University School of Law (1969)
- B.A. (magna cum laude), North Carolina Central University (1966)
Does Race Matter in Education Diversity? A Legal and Empirical Analysis (with A.T. Panter, Walter R. Allen, and Linda F. Wightman), 13 RUTGERS RACE & L. REV. 75-S (2012).
Westlaw | Lexis/Nexis | SSRN | Hein
HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: CASES AND MATERIALS (with J.A. Kushner, P.W. Salsich, Jr., H.W. McGee, Jr., W.D. Keating, B. Bezdek, O.J. Hetzel, D.R. Mandelker, R.M. Washburn) (Carolina Academic Press, 4th ed. 2011).
BEPress | KF5728 .H68 2010
Promise and Paradox, in LAW TOUCHED OUR HEARTS: A GENERATION REMEMBERS BROWN V. BOARD OF EDUCATION (M. Robinson & R. Bonnie, eds.) (Vanderbilt University Press 2009).
LC212.52 .L39 2009
Intersections, Roadblocks, and Dead Ends - Sketching a Housing Social Efficiency Analysis, in PLANNING REFORM IN THE NEW CENTURY at 209 (D. K. Mandelker, ed.) (American Planning Association 2005).
KF5698.A5 P53 2005
Revisiting Fair Housing: the One America Act, a Legislative Proposal, 11 J. AFFORDABLE HOUSING & COMMUNITY DEV. L. 162 (2002).
On Blackberry Picking, Generations of Affirmative Action, and Less Dangerous Causes: An Open Letter to Stephen Carter, book review of STEPHEN L. CARTER, REFLECTIONS OF AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION BABY (1991), 45 STAN. L. REV. 485 (1993).
Lexis/Nexis | Hein | HF5549.5.A34 C37 199
In the Media
- Civil Rights Act Spurred Rise of 'The University of the People' (University Gazette)
- Longtime Law Professor Leaves Enduring Legacy as Teacher, Scholar and Champion of Equal Opportunity (University Gazette)
- UNC Study Supports Diversity Effort (WUNC)
- Study Shows the Importance of Race in Law School Admissions (Journal of Blacks in Higher Education)
- Daye's Research Attests to the Value of Diversity at Law Schools (Law.com)