The UNC Law Foundation, Inc., is organized exclusively for charitable objects and purposes that are for the sole benefit of the School of Law at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The foundation, represented by members of the Office of Advancement at the School of Law, aids, supports and promotes teaching, research, and service at the School of Law. The foundation encourages the establishment of endowment funds for purposes including, but not limited to, professorships, visiting professorships, fellowships and scholarships at the School of Law. The foundation solicits, acquires, receives, holds, invests, reinvests, sells, transfers, exchanges, administers and manages property of all kinds for the benefit of the School of Law and makes expenditures to and for the benefit of the School of Law.
Law Foundation Board
- President: Charles T. Plambeck, BA ’83, JD ’86, Citigroup Corporation and Investment Bank, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Vice President: M. Scott Peeler, BA ’93, JD ’97, Arent Fox LLP, New York, N.Y.
- Secretary/ Treasurer: Dean Martin H. Brinkley, JD ’92, UNC Chapel Hill, Raleigh, N.C.
- Edward T. Chaney, BA ’94, JD ’07, Schell Bray PLLC, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- James M. Deal, JD ’74, Deal Moseley and Smith, Boone, N.C.
- Frank E. Emory Jr., JD ’82, Novant Health, Charlotte, N.C.
- Richard L. Farley, JD ’87, Katten Muchin Roseman LLP, Charlotte, N.C.
- Randolph B. Houston Jr., JD ’95, Norwalk, C.T.
- Kevin D. Howell, JD ’92, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, N.C.
- Angela M. Liu, BA ’04, JD ’09, Dechert, Chicago, I.L.
- Gary M. London, JD ’79, Burr & Forman LLP, Birmingham, A.L.
- Jennifer H. Puryear, JD ’92, Nashville, T.N.
- James D. Renger, BA ’62, LLB ’65, Comerica Bank, Charlotte, N.C.
- Joni L. Walser, BA ’82, JD ’86, GE Capital, Norwalk, C.T.
- Angela M. Xenakis, JD ’03, Sidley Austin, Washington, D.C.