Festival of Legal Learning
CE3 hosts workshops and conferences for scholars from Carolina Law and other disciplines and institutions to address all facets of environmental law, environmental justice, climate change, legal adaptation, coastal issues and risk. Past events include:
- Energy Transition and Rural Communities, November 9-10, 2018.
- A Conversation with Julie Janson, Duke Energy Chief Legal Officer, October 22, 2018.
- Webinar: Energy Transitions in Federal Systems – The View from Germany, June 19, 2018 (featuring University of Tübingen Professor Johannes Saurer).
- A Conversation with Former FERC Commissioner Norman Bay, June 5, 2018.
- Fixed Costs and Uncertain Futures in the Regulated Electricity Sector, November 10, 2018 (co-hosted with faculty at the University of South Carolina School of Law).
- The Politics of Energy in North Carolina, October 23, 2017 (featuring Representative John Szoka, NC House District 45).
- Webinar: Understanding Changes to NC’s Renewable Energy Policies: Implementing HB 589, September 8, 2017.
- North Carolina’s Energy Future, June 24, 2017.
- Municipal Utilities and Cooperatives: Transitioning to a Lower Carbon Future Conference, March 24, 2017 (co-hosted with the Florida State University College of Law, Environmental, Energy & Land Use Program).
- Pricing of Distributed Energy Resources, November 11, 2016.
- Law, Policy, and the Future of Solar Financing, April 22, 2016 (co-sponsored by CE3, the Center for Banking and Finance, and the UNC School of Government Environmental Finance Center).