The Office of Admissions invites all admitted students to attend an Admitted Students Day in March or April. As you begin the process of deciding where to commit to law school in the fall, we aim to provide useful information about life as a Carolina Law student. We are unable to offer travel stipends to visit us, however, we are most thankful you have invested the time to further investigate the prospect of becoming a member of the Carolina Law family. At Admitted Students Day, you can expect to:
- Hear from current students about why they chose Carolina Law, how the law school has supported their academic and personal achievements and what law school life is really like.
- Explore Carolina Law’s unique curriculum strengths and enrichment opportunities, including centers and programs, clinics and externships and journal publications.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of financing your legal education, including how and when to apply for financial aid.
- Meet members of Student Development, the Career Development Office, the Pro Bono Program, and Global Opportunities.
- Talk with representatives from student organizations about getting involved in the Carolina Law community and how they balance academic work with extracurriculars.
- Take a law school and library tour to see where you’ll be studying, going to class and building your career for the next three years.
- Check-In, Registration and Continental Breakfast
- The Deans’ Welcome
- Experiential Learning
- Introduction to Career Development
- Alumni Careers
- Lunch with Faculty and Alumni
- Student Organization and Housing Fair
- Tours of Law School and Law Library (optional), Introduction to Residency (optional)
- Introduction to Financial Aid
- The Student Experience
- Tours of Law School and Law Library (optional)
Registration and Parking
Visitor parking on Admitted Student Days is available in two hourly pay lots. Both are located within five minutes walking distance of the law school. Do NOT park in the visitor spaces next to the law school building.
Suggested attire is business casual (leave the suits at home). We look forward to welcoming you on campus.