Dual Degree Programs

Dual degrees are offered in conjunction with many other schools and departments at UNC and Duke. Students must be admitted to both schools, and students can only be given credit toward the Juris Doctor degree for course work taken after the student has matriculated in the UNC School of Law, as per ABA Standard Interpretation 304-5.

The law school recommends that dual-degree students remain apprised of the requirements for each degree they are pursuing. The law school makes every effort to maintain timely information relating to dual degrees, but because other schools and departments manage their own curricula and requirements, it is possible that information below could change. Check the other school or department’s website relating to the dual degree for additional information.

J.D./Master of Arts in Sports Administration (M.S.A.)
J.D./Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
J.D./Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) Concurrent Degree Program
J.D./Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.)
J.D./Master of Public Policy (M.P.P.) (with Duke University)
J.D./Master of Regional Planning (M.C.R.P.)
J.D./Master of Science in Library Science or Master of Science in Information Science (M.S.L.S.) (M.S.I.S.)
J.D./Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
J.D./Master of Arts in Mass Communication (M.A.M.C.)
J.D./Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mass Communication